Monday, July 28, 2008

Tell me this isn't a government-run operation...

A short update here. Well, on Thursday I got a call from the doctors office, they wanted a ton of paperwork from my medical history. OK, so I get on the horn to my normal MD, arrange to have the info faxed to the AME. I get a call from the doctors office this morning, apparently the regional AME doesn't want to make the call, instead now the folks in Oklahoma want to see the documentation, so they faxed it down there. So more waiting continues, the nurse said to expect another 14-16 days, before a decision is made. This is starting to sound suspiciously like a special issuance to the medical certificate. Special Issuances (SI) typically require extensive documentation and decisions are made on a case by case basis. Now I really think I made a wise decision to get the medical first before investing any more time/money in flying, because if I am correct about the SI, that means my medical certificate application was disqualified. I still think I will get the ticket, but its likely it could come with some stipulations, for example limit the duration of the certificate (normally 5 years), condition the granting on more test results, etc.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

Hang in there, bro...

Jake said...

ditto what Bryan said but I would like to add that I LOVE the government :)

yo mama said...

Patience my dear! All will unfold as it should.