Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lesson 29 - All Alone!

Got back to the airport the same day as Lesson 27 for an afternoon flight, this time with Chris. When we got there, he was certain I was ready to solo again, so we got the paperwork in order and off I went! Really wasn't too nervous, but it was a big step from coming back, after only 3 lessons I was back in the cockpit alone, it was very rewarding!

I ended up doing 1.1 hours, staying in the pattern doing touch and goes. I shared the pattern with another pilot flying N815HA, Heartland's Cessna 172. I did about 10 landings, had 1 go around, a couple extended downwinds because of incoming jets (that still is so cool to be up in the air right next to those!), several wake turbulence warnings, and even a right hand pattern (which I was thoroughly impressed with myself, I thought I would have trouble, but it went well).

A couple landings were a bit ugly, particularly my first, but improved with each pass. The last one was pretty nice, I could have made the high speed exit, but forgot to brake in time, no big deal.

Things are coming back nicely, and I am chipping away at those requirements. Paul gave the go ahead to start planning my long cross country to Marshfield, Lacrosse, and back to Eau Claire. Woo Hoo! I can see I have some polishing though to do, my flying isn't precise enough yet to pass the checkride, so I will need a bit more practice before I am ready.

1 comment:

yo mama said...

Good for you, keep it up and before you know it you will have that license.