Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Almost Ready!

Well, I have stuck true to my word, I have been really studying hard these past few weeks, I have completed my review of all the ground school materials in preparation for the written exam. I am also finally scoring in the 90s on my practice exams (a 70 or higher is passing), many of the answers come immediately now, usually only a very few of the questions I have to contemplate deeply. I am using multiple study guides, and reviewing all the possible test questions in the FAA examination bank. I am working to schedule a ground lesson with my instructor early next week so he can make sure I am ready for the test, and then hopefully have the test scheduled right before the holiday. I tell you what though, its been about 10 years since I was last in school, and boy am I rusty, things just don't stick as easily as they used to. I figured this would be a little bit easier, but its proving to be quite a challenge. Granted, there around about 1000 possible questions they could ask on a 60 question test, but it ranges significantly in topics from basic aerodynamics, weather, airplane systems, FAA regulations, and navigation. I suspect it will be even more challenging to learn the mechanics of flying.

Still no word on my medical, I have another message into the AME about the status of my application, its been about 2 weeks since I last checked, no return call yet. Still no rush, but it will delay my actual flying since I don't want to invest too much money in this venture without knowing for sure I can fly.

So, I expect my next post will be after my lesson with my CFI, cheers everybody!

2 comments:

Proprietors of Chateau del Mulsoff said...

Break a pencil, my brother! You'll rock the test, I'm sure. :)

Proprietors of Chateau del Mulsoff said...

You've been tagged!

Go to my blog. Instructions are there. :)