Friday, June 13, 2008

Slow Progress

Well, only a few minor points worthy of mentioning. I got an update from the AME, and the status hasn't changed. Not much of an update, eh? Doc said the big boys from the FAA haven't called him back yet, so I am still waiting on that.

Other interesting update is that I called back the flight school and informed them of my intentions to begin flying in mid July or so with the intention of getting my written done before flying. My future flight instructor Chris was very supportive. He is going to loan me some DVDs to assist in my home study, and I plan on swinging by the FBO to pickup my ground school "kit." Another interesting tidbit is that my timing to start training in July is "fortunate", they have another instructor coming online. This new CFI will be a freshly minted instructor, so I am little nervous at that prospect, but we all have to start somewhere. Chris mentioned that should help scheduling availability immensely. However, when I mentioned training in the C152, he said I would definitely have to train with the new instructor since he weighs less. Chris said if he trained me in that plane our combined weight would only leave room for about 6 gallons of fuel. I haven't fully decided on the C152, but it certainly would save money, but eventually after I get my PPL, I think I'd prefer the C172 so why not get trained in it? I dunno, I got a month or so before that decision has to be made.

So, I am going to make a real effort these next 3 weeks to sequester myself and get through this material so I can schedule my exam during early July.

Congratulations to Marty for passing his checkride, sky's the limit!

No comments: