Monday, June 30, 2008

Songs I hate I love

Well, in response to my sister Lori's challenge, here is a list of songs I am embarrassed to admit I like. I am not much of a music fan anymore, I am more of a talk radio addict, so I am sure most of these songs are far outside current pop culture. I list these in order of relative "embarrassedness," the most embarrassing being last.


Anything Def Leppard did. While others were hooked on GnR and Metallica, I for some reason was a decade behind still 'pouring sugar on me.' Had to give respect to the one armed drummer.






Mother by Danzig. Old college thrash song, not terribly embarrassed, but awful taste in music. :)






Baby One More Time by Britney Spears. Had to be the catholic school uniforms in the video. Laura note that I liked this before I met you.






Informer by Snow. Ok, no teenager on the face of this earth in the early 90s couldn't help but "get jiggy with it" (my wife is rolling right now) when they heard this tune, but to this day, I find no one that can understand a full sentence in this song.




Wannabe by the Spice Girls. I couldn't hide this even if I wanted too, Laura would call me on the carpet. I think I even still have the poster I got as a gag gift in grad school.

1 comment:

Proprietors of Chateau del Mulsoff said...

ROCK IT! Love me some Def Leppard yo.

Brit-Brit and the Spice Girls...well, can't say I'm too surprised. You ARE male... Danzig surprised me, but then again, it was a staple for house parties.

I completely forgot about that Informer song... isn't there a sentence that goes, "I licka boom boom now"?

ROFL God what a great song.